Investigating with ICT: Level 4
Define and plan information searches
Use a range of ICT to identify and represent patterns in sets of information and to pose questions to guide searching for, or generating, further information.
From the Year 6 Achievement Standard
Students understand how the use of text structures can achieve particular effects. They analyse and explain how language features, images and vocabulary are used by different authors to represent ideas, characters and events.
- Students studied a book and film version of the same narrative and analysed the literary and film elements relating to setting, plot and the portrayal of characters.
- They used a graphic organiser to organise their information as they identified the similarities and differences in the two formats.
- They produced an exposition to describe and explain their findings.
Information and Communication Technologies
Investigating with ICT
- Define and plan information searches
- Use a graphic organiser to organise information as similarities and differences in the two formats are identified.
- Communicating with ICT
- Collaborate, share and exchange