Investigating with ICT – Level 3
Locate, generate and access data and information
Locate, retrieve or generate information from a range of digital sources.
Year 3 Geography – Places are both similar and different
Geographical Knowledge and Understanding
The concept of place is developed through examining the major natural [and human] characteristics of Australia.
Students developed an interactive online quiz based on facts about The Great Barrier Reef.
- Students researched information from a selection of given websites.
- They used Keynote to create the presentation which involved presenting each fact separately and offering 2 alternative responses to the question or statement.
- They created correct and incorrect response pages and lined to each appropriately.
- They used supporting images.
Great Barrier Reef Quiz Example
More Examples (internal school link only)
Managing and operating ICT
Select and use hardware and software
- Create slides in Keynote.
- Use text boxes to type one fact per slide.
- Select and insert appropriate images from internet sites.
- Select images for and create create an affirmative and a negative slide to link from each question slide.
- Create buttons or text boxes as link points.
- Learn to make internal links from these link points to correct slides using the slide numbering facility.
- Seek solutions when encountering a problem.
- Teacher exports the presentation to HTML and loads to the website.