Use Photoshop to resize and save an image suitable for the web.
Copy image into PhotoShop. (File Menu > New >Blank File. OK. Paste the image)
To resize without altering:
- Image menu > Resize > Image Size.
- Select a new width or height (one only – it the other will reduce in proportion)
To resize and alter:
- Select the Crop tool from the Tool Bar (left of screen). Select desired part of image. Click green tick (showing on the image somewhere) to reduce size.
- Exact size can be set for this tool in Width and Height boxes in the PhotoShop menu at top of screen. Always set Resolution size to 72 pixels/inch.
Saving the image.
- File Menu > Save for Web.
- In Custom drop box select JPEG High.
- Click OK.
- Name image.
- Save to location on computer.
- From here you can upload to the web.