Loading and Managing Home Apps – For Year 6.
Can I Load Apps on my iPad at Home?
- Home loaded apps must not be used at school.
- Home apps must be stored in a folder titled Home.
- Parental approval and supervision is required for selection and downloading of apps.
- Home apps are to be appropriate and family focused.
- Sufficient space must remain available on the iPad for school tasks.
How do I Load Apps at Home?
- Never connect the iPad to a computer.
- Never attach a credit card to the iTunes account.
- Load apps using an iTunes card
- Each student has an iTunes account. The user name is their BCE email address. Check this on the iPad in Settings > iCloud > Account. The password is communicated separately.
How do I Redeem the Credit on a an iTunes card on my iPad?
- Open the App Store app.
- Scroll to the bottom of any main page.
- Tap the Redeem button.
- Peel off the silver layer covering the code on the iTunes card.
- Enter the code either by scanning or manually by typing in the code.
- Parents will need to control and monitor the downloading of apps.
- Discuss and establish a process with your child.
How do I Create a Home Folder on the iPad?
- To create a folder, tap and hold on an app until they all start to wobble.
- Drag the app icon over another app icon and release.
- Your iPad will create a folder with both the apps inside. The folder will be named according to the category of the apps it contains.
- Change the name of the folder by typing Home in the title box.
- Add further apps to this folder by dragging the onto the folder until they enter it.