Creating with ICT: Level 4
Generate solutions to challenges and learning area tasks
Independently or collaboratively create and modify digital solutions, creative outputs or data representation/transformation for particular audiences and purposes.
[Manipulating and combining images, text, video and sound for presentations; creating podcasts; applying purposeful editing and refining processes.]
Year 5 Mathematics
Content Description- Number and Algebra
- Identify and describe factors and multiples of whole numbers
Year 5 students worked in small groups to create a song or chant to consolidate their learning of multiplication tables. They presented this in a podcast illustrated with their own images, to create a resource for others to help them also learn these facts.
- Multiplication facts are correct.
- Song or chant is engaging for the identified audience of other students in the school.
- Images created are relevant and clear.
- Sound track and images are in sync.
Elements of ICT Capability
Creating with ICT
- Generate solutions to challenges and learning area tasks
– Design and create images to represent the multiplication facts presented.
– Collaboratively create and modify a podcast by manipulating and combining images, text and sound.
Communicating with ICT
- Collaborate, share and exchange
– Develop the podcast for students in other classes at OLD as the intended audience who will access it via the OLD School Intranet.
Managing and Operating ICT
- Use hardware and software
– Students explored and made discoveries about the independent use of the following applications and then experimented with combining them as required to create the podcast.
- Photoshop Elements to create images and save images for web publication.
- iPhoto to manage the images for upload to Garageband.
- iTunes to assist with sound for the podcast.
- Garageband to build the podcast.